Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Watch out now, cause here I come


I did it I'm headed to Amica Ironman 70.3 in Providence, Rhode Island.  I am so beyond excited, I really don't know how to contain myself, and then I have to workout and it all gets contained.  What even better about this is its my 'A' race of the year.  I am going all out for this event.  I'm inviting friends and family to come see me race, I'm making it a weekend in Providence with my family (even though its about an hour away from our new home), I even made shirts for my family.


Seeing as how I could not do this or accomplish all of this with out them, I thought this shirt is very fitting.  So far my family has loved the design and are looking forward to wearing the shirts.

Oh, I just ordered my very first Garmin. I am really excited about, I was torn between Garmin Forerunner 310XT and the Garmin Forerunner 305.  I wanted one that was able to keep up with all three of my sports and that could handle a little bit of a beating.  Now I realize that Garmins are not supposed to be dropped or banged on but it needs to be a little rugged.  Granted the 305 isn't water proof and the 310XT, but after talking with a number of people I can have different alternatives that would allow me to still use the 305 properly without ruining it.  Well I ordered my new toy and its on its way here now!  I am so incredibly excited about it.  Oh well maybe I should tell you which one I choose, huh?  Well here it is:

(its the Garmin Forerunner 305)

The most important I learned was when I am doing an open water swim, I should put the 305 in my cap. Now I would not have thought about that, so as soon as I heard that I'm even more excited to use it.  Should I get more into triathlons and find out what the 305 can and can't do, I might consider upgrading to the 310XT, but that will come much further down the road.

On a different note, I have signed up to become an ambassador for The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults.  This is very exciting for me, I have had many members in my family and some friends personally affected by cancer.  I want to do my part and this is one of the best ways for me to help.  I have to raise money and race in a triathlon or 2, to help young adults connect with other young adults going through cancer as well.  Now on my page I have this icon:


By clicking on the Team Fight icon it will take you to my fundraising page where you can help me make the lives of those fighting cancer just a little bit easier.  I will racing in the Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon in Columbia, Maryland on August 21st, 2011.  I have always wanted to race in an Iron Girl and what a better way to race in this event by raising money for cancer.


As you can see I have many things coming up in next year.  I will talk with you all again soon.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I registered for my first 70.3 next year...I'm scared... :)

You will love the Iron girl race they are fantastic.