Monday, October 25, 2010

Not really digging this

I found something out that is kind of pissing me off right now.

"4. Are there Clydesdale/Athena divisions?
"Championship slots are not available for Clydesdale/Athena athletes." Origanlly from Ironman FAQ - Kona
When I saw this on the Ironman website I was trying to figure out what gives Ford Ironman the right to say that a person in the Clydesdale/Athena can not compete in the World Championship.  Who is to say that being a bigger person is not allowed, who determines this?  Do they have a weight/height cut off?  What gives Ford Ironman?

I just hoping that I'm reading this wrong and that it is saying there is not a specific division for plus size individuals.

2 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

They did away with that a couple years ago, also, there use to be a Clydesdale/Athena Championship race held at the Chicago Triathlon, that also has went away.

Samantha said...

Absurd!