Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Turkey Day Madness

Oh my oh my, this Thanksgiving is already turing out to be so busy and we do not even our household goods.  We are headed to three turkey dinners, the first one is Sunday afternoon at church.  I think its going to be fun and eventful with some of our fellow catholics.  Then we have a couple days to do the family thing, train, school, you know the usually weekly madness, but toward the end of the week its going to pick up like a mad man.

Wednesday we are headed to the USO to help set up for their annual Thanksgiving celebration on Thursday.  They usually server around 500 - 700 people every year.  It is such a huge event that they start at noon and usually run out of food by 3pm even though its supposed to go from 12-5pm.

Then on Thursday we are headed back to the USO to enjoy some of their yummy deliciousness.  See some of our fellow volunteers and active duty members and their families.  Then we are headed off to hand out with my girlfriend Samantha and her family.

There is Turkey Trot on base, a 5K or a 1.5 miler to help work off all of the turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and yams that have been consumed that day.  Plus the best part is I get 10 points in my team challenge for taking part in the Turkey Trot.

I'm already exhausted just writing all of this and thinking about what I have coming up in the next week. I hope everyone has a wonderful and fulfilling Thanksgiving.

No comments: