Sunday, September 05, 2010

You are BEAUTIFUL!



Operation Beautiful: Transforming the Way You See Yourself One Post-it Note at a Time is a book written by Caitlin Boyle to empower women to love themselves for who they are. Something that we all should remember every day. I know that I have trouble remembering that I'm beautiful, worthy and the like. I don't like being overweight, but I'm working towards my goals to lose the weight. But by reading and learning about Operation Beautiful has helped show me that I'm beautiful. Operation Beautiful was started by one person who (Caitlin) who discovered after years of 'fat talk' and other emotional draining activities that by one day just posting a note that "You are beautiful" could start a revolution for women all over the world. 

One reason that I love this book is that the author has put in stories and post-its and other notes that others have submitted to her and stories of how they felt when they left a note for someone else, or when they found a note left by someone else. The fact that finding a note had such a positive impact on people makes me want to share that with others. I love making people smile and I think that passing a simple message like "Remember you are beautiful no matter what' will make someones day. Just like smiling can be contagious, it seems that these notes have the same affect. Anyone who has had trouble with meeting goals or feeling good about themselves will really enjoy this book. Need a pick-me-up? Check out Operation Beautiful the site and see what everyone has shared. 



Another reason that I love this book is one of my dear friends Ms. Samantha and her elder share their story in this book.  She is showing her son's about about being positive and having beautiful outlook on life now matter what.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

This book is so wonderful! I read it all in one sitting. Caitlin is one of the most down to earth people who is still HUMAN. She's not found some magical cure that makes life perfect. but she takes charge of her own. So glad you like the book!

We all have our internal battles, but no matter what size we wear or how "hot" we're deemed by others, we are ALL beautiful with potential inside just dying to be tapped. Thats one thing I admire so much about you Michelle, you get out there and DO!