Thursday, September 16, 2010

ROAD BLOCK!

In May I was training for a 2.5 mile open water swim, my body was in getting into wonderful shape, I had a killer training regiment down, I had a goal.  I accomplished my goal.  Now I am seeing that even though I am doing things, competing in races, taking classes, and doing what I need to I do not have the same drive in my heart that I did back in May.


I coming to the conclusion I need to have circle on the calender to achieve towards, something to aim for.  My new goal, and yes its circled on the calender, is to do the Ironman 70.3 in Providence July 10, 2011.



Now I know I'm going to have other triathlons to do in the process but I have to have a huge goal to attain to.  And this is my huge goal a Half Ironman.  I honestly believe that I will be able to get back into the right frame of mind and condition properly with this goal on my calender.


Oh yeah and this other wonderful things that is an actual bump in my plans..So Godric came home yesterday, I was so excited to have him I couldn't wait to take him out. Samantha dropped by to lend me her Mag Trainer. I sat in my living room and practiced for about 15 min, I decided to take my new toy out for a spin around the neighborhood. I took off just fine, I clipped in great no issues. I became comfortable with how the mechanics of my legs now operated even though it still feels weird. Then things turned to yuck!


Hello Lover! This is my new baby Godric!
I was coming to a stop in front of my house, I had my left foot unclipped just fine, came up one the grass fell to my right (still clipped), I started to fall and I tried to unclip on my way down I fell on right ankle cause it was stuck in my cleat, my ankle popped and I unclipped all the same time. The neighbor was outside and saw it happen, asked if I was ok..it took about 5 minutes for me to get up...my ankle is wicked swollen and tender, I've already done a 10 minute ice massage and I'm elevating it right now. If its still crazy bad tomorrow, I'm going to get it looked at, I need to make sure there is no ligament or tendon damage. I can't believe I put myself into such bad situation 1) I came up on my drive way 2) only had one cleat out 3) I was trying to avoid the truck 4)I went into wet grass on slicks ...it was just bad all around.

3 comments:

Corey said...

I am so sorry....I hope it is nothing serious, and you can get right back to training. But here is a strange thought. What if this happened to you, not because you were careless, but because you had JUST wished for something to work for, some concrete goal. Speaking from first hand experience, what if that goal is to be unhurt and pain free?? Just a thought :)

Jenn Ralston said...

I had the same problem with motivation. I'd be training for a 5k, race day would come, and that would be that. I'd end up taking too much time off afterwards. I'd be hard charging up until race day, and then I'd quite cold turkey...LOL.

Hope your ankle isn't anything serious and recovers quickly. Injuries SUCK.

Samantha said...

I'm with you on needing the calendar circled. Thus the reason I lack so much motivation here, I won't race here because training is so hard on my lungs and , whiney as it is, I hate to see my paces drop so much. But you have really had a ton of drive...the Cocos Crossing was HUGE! Not just for you, for all those athletes that day, a 2.5 mile swim is not chump change. Letdown after big events is so common.

I KNEW it was you they were getting the wheelchair for today when I went to the pharm window. Your truck was outside and I just had that feeling. But Praise God it's no worse than it is. Sprains suck, but you will heal up strong and be back out there. If you ever want to log some deep water running miles, call me, we'll go. Derek has the belts at his shop.

Oh, I got a little excited when I held Godric yesterday, he's very svelte. ;)