Monday, September 06, 2010

Borrowing this idea

So many things come to mind when this question is presented: run a 5K, 10K, half and full marathon, compete in a Half and Full Ironman, be the best yogi I can possibly be, finish my degree, and so many other things.  But for this specific post: a 30 day yoga and meditation challenge.

My very best and yogi mentor Samantha was telling me about a 30 day yoga challenge she was taking part it.  She only has to do at least 10 minutes of yoga a day.  So this got me thinking why can't I do so something like this, why do I need to wait to be invited by someone before I need a challenge like this.

Now where I am stating my claim to the world, well at least the blogging world, my commitment to do 30 days of yoga in conjunction with 30 days of meditation.  I can understand how some may think that these two are one in the same but to me they are not, to me yoga is yoga.  It is the deep stretching that my body needs to maintain a healthy balance between my cardio, weights, swimming and biking.  Yoga will help keep me balanced, limbered, and less prone to the injuries that I am currently having because my muscles, tendons, and ligaments are so tight.

(this is not me)

30 day of meditation, I will be using this to help center my soul and my person.  This is going to help me become a better person, just by taking 10 minutes out of each day to spend this time to re-center my person.  I think this is going to be my favorite part of my day.  I really am already looking forward to going to the sea side, reflecting on my day, feeling the sun on my face as it sets, and listening to waves crash below me.  Its already so relaxing just talking about.  Now off to plan tomorrow's day and relax the rest of my night.  So with this I will say good bye: shanti shanti shanit

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm so excited to see you do the yoga challenge! I will admit, I skipped Saturday, which was day 11 for me, but went back today. It took me a long time to realize that it doesn't have to be a 60 minute + practice to be effective. Some nights, 15 minutes of moon salutations gets me right with God, myself and ready for bed.

Please to report back on the meditation. That's sometime I struggle to do effectively. Have you ever been to the end of the Pipeline Road where it over looks Tumon Bay? It's a wonderful, zen spot.

You my dear are such an amazing lady. Don't sell yourself short, you've already got a great aura but we all have beanstalks to climb right?! I love you so much sweetie!