Friday, August 20, 2010

This is RIDICULOUS!

I do not understand, I'm always hungry.  Nothing I seem to do is curing this never ending hunger.  I just want to eat, yeah I know how bad it is for me but I'm starving.  I really wish I could figure out what is going on.  I just want to eat and eat and eat....

(this is really what I feel like)

Now I know that I shouldn't just sit and eat, but lately that is all I want to do.  I just want to workout and then get home and eat.  And yes that is totally counter productive, but I don't know what else to do.  AH!! My diet has been great, until recently, all I wanted to do is eat crap.  Nothing that is good for me, nothing that will help me lose my weight, definitely nothing that I would allow my children to snack on just because they said their hungry.


Yeah, this is the butt chewing I'm going to get from my friends who are personal trainers, inspirations, motivators, and my support team.  By eating this way I feel like I'm letting them all down, because I know I'm letting myself down.

This might explain why I'm feeling yucky, I have zero energy, and I'm always exhausted.  I need to fix this problem like NOW!  I'm still not sure what I'm going to do to fix this.

3 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Its because your an endurance athlete, we want to eat all the time, our bodies are looking for energy for that 70 mile we just went on, swimming is the worse, always starving after a swim.

Some top trainers say eat protien to curve the appetite, I am not a tranier, but for me it seems to work

Corey said...

I know for me, I try to make my inbetween snacks stuff like oatmeal, pretzels, kale chips. Stuff that will do a good job at filling me up.

Also, don't be hard on yourself. Allow yourself a couple of days where you let go of yoru diet. It won't hurt you in the long run, and it will satisfy that urge and it won't linger and drive you crazy.

I hope that helps!!

samantha said...

It took me a long time to realize that endurance training doesn't always equal weight loss. Running is HOW I lost all my weight, but it was new to me and once my body got used to it, it tapered off and of course you know my woes of gaining, developing an eating disorder, yadda yadda.

It's a fine line between fueling enough to support your workouts and negating the weight loss efforts. You might check out Caitlin's posts at healthytippingpoint.com , she's an endurance athlete too (and has done tri's) and has written on proper fueling.

Do you journal? Not just your intake but your moods, etc? That can help you identify triggers and ward them off down the road. IE: If I'm mentally and physically exhausted and achy, I'm more apt to snack on sodium laden snacks.

ALMOST everything in moderation is a good rule of thumb to follow too. If you don't indulge sometimes, you're more apt to binge. (trust me, I KNOW!)