Monday, October 11, 2010

Long time =)

SO its been a hot minute since I've been on.  Here is the latest, greatest and then some.  Since I was last on I've been seeing the physical therapist every week.

Well lets start at the beginning, the Monday after my injury I went in to see my physical therapist.  They confirmed what my doctor said about the level of my injury.  She also confirmed my statement that my doctor is an idiot, cause what man with a medical degree does not think a person who can not walk or place any sort of weight on her foot does not deserve crutches.

Gosh my doctor is an idiot!

So after all the poking and manipulating I was able to finally get to sit and do EMS and have my foot wrapped in an ice.  My PT told me to call my doctor and get on crutches.  While I sat there, I made the ever special phone call to my doctor and told him he was an idiot and I needed to be on crutches.  45 minutes later I was getting a set of crutches.  Not what I wanted, but c'est la vie.

I'm 3 weeks out from my initial injury now I have been seeing my physical therapist every week, my swelling has gone down, I can move my ankle and walk without crutches.  HALLELUJAH!  I'm slowly progressing and I'm not trying to push myself to fast.

I was cleared to swim about 2 weeks ago, to help get the flexion use back into my foot.  But alas, I never made it to the pool.  Then last week my PT suggested I start using on the stationary bike.  SO I went ahead and changed out my pedals on my bike so I can start pedaling around base.  I can't wait to start using my clips again, but right now my ankle isn't strong enough to handle the clipping out.  But the best part of this whole thing is...I can start working out no to light impact!

IN OTHER NEWS:
I finally heard one of my new mentors and someone I hope to be like one day Marni Subal.  She is a 4 time Ironman and my kick-butt nutritionist.  She is wonderful and can only hope to be like her and go to Kona at least once.

Now, I have to read a 33-page nutrition plan and start logging my food.  This is going to be the hard part for me, but for with some practice I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I also have found a tri coach, Coaches Diane and Jeff Kline.  I won't know my training schedule will look like because we have our first meeting tomorrow morning via Skype.  So more about that will come later.

I am registering for the Mooseman 70.3 Ironman and the Rhode Island 70.3 Ironman.  It is crazy to think that I'll be competing in a Half Ironman.  I think the thing that scares me the most is that I can't/have difficulty running.  I'll be fine in the swim the cycling but UGH! I don't like to run.  This is the biggest part of my triathlon I'm going to have work on.  Just the thought of running gives me shin splints, blah.

OH! My girl Christine has me watching the ENTIRE first season of Glee.  Really, I can't believe how addicting it is.  Crappy acting, IMO, but I love the music.  And the lead male the teacher looks like Justing Timberlake.

Saturday night I spent some wonderful time with my girl Samantha, we hung out at her place drank some vino while the kids played.  I missed hanging out with her and it was such a wonderful night.  I love our girls night, they are so much fun.

The movers are coming in a couple weeks to pack us up and move us out to Rhode Island.  I'm getting to the bittersweet stage of our time here on Guam.  I am so going to miss Guam, but I'm looking forward to our new adventure that is coming.

Alright, I must come to a close now.  I promise to write more often.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Glad to see you back...I've been watching. :)

How did you find your tri coach(es)? It's so odd to hear someone say the run is their least fave of the 3. Ha ha!

It's so great you're healing and jumping back into training! It's just a matter of time before you're a HIM/IM'er.

Sat night was nice wasn't it? We must do it more often, the few months you have left will pass all too quickly.

Samantha said...

*knock knock*...Keep writing! :)

Hope your elder did good at popcorn sales and enjoyed himself. He looks so cute in his uniform!

Michelle said...

Thanks Sam..he made out really well actually. Your elder didn't look so shabby himself, this is one uniform that they look really cute in.