Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Really freakin' excited!

I have my weekly workouts from some kick butt coaches (Coach Jeff and Diane), I forgot how much I missed swimming and I've come to the realization that my butt is always going to hurt from cycling.

I started this weeks workouts in the pool and didn't realize how much I truly missed swimming until I was there.  The weather and water was perfect for swimming yesterday.  I decided to go to Gab Gab pool, its our open water pool on base, and the sun was warm and welcoming, the pool was calm and clear.  It was just a perfect set up for a little open water swimming.  I haven't seen water this calm since my Coco's swim back in May.  I'm the only person there and it was wonderful.  I entered the water via stairs, because the tide was high and I didn't want to take my chances with the ladder and my ankle.  I get to the bottom and gently glide my foot into the water, thank God its warm.  I scanned the water to see if there were any little fishes' coming up to say hi, nope all good.  I wasn't very graceful when I entered it was slippery so that is my excuse for plopping in the water.  I swam under the rope and began my workout.  It felt so awesome to be gliding through the water, watching the fish below me, practicing my sighting, drill again.  It all felt wonderful, and the best part was I had a strong freestyle stroke.  This is my weakest stroke and it felt strong yesterday.  I was able to alternate breathing, keeping my eye on the rope so I didn't drift to much and taking in how my body was feeling.  My stroke when breathing on my left felt strong, as did it feel when I was breathing on my right.  But I did notice that the arm I was not breathing on was week, its something I truly need to work on so I can conserve my energy for other things.  45 minutes after I entered the water, I came back out very carefully mind you cause like I said earlier it was very slick.  Rinse off and sat in the sun for a couple of minutes.  Ah the sheer bliss of living on a tropical island.

Now today's workout will consist of biking, hopefully on the flight line were it is nice and flat.

Well I didn't get Tuesday's workout, but I have made the decision to make to add it to tomorrows workout, and its all going to workout in my favor too.  Well the Navy decided to close Gab Gab open water pool for the next 5 days for an ammunitions on load, grrr.  Well the since the base pool doesn't open until 10am I can do my 40 minute bike ride before hitting the pool.

Alright I must get going and get my thing together for my busy morning!

No comments: