Saturday, December 11, 2010

Downward slope and an eventful week to come

I'm really beginning to think I'm finally on the downward slope of this nasty cough I've had.  I went most of the day today with out a coughing fit, which was freaking awesome!  So I'm really kind of excited to be hitting the gym again soon, very very soon.  **WHOOP**WHOOP**  I'm thinking I'm going to take Sunday to completely bleach my house out to make sure I do not get this nasty cough again, and then hopefully hit the gym/pool/bike on Monday.


There is so much coming up this week, our MWR and Fleet & Family are really pulling out all the stops to try and bring the Christmas spirit to our little island.

Monday:

Cookie Exchange and Chapel

Tuesday:

A Chamorro Christmas


Wednesday:
A Christmas Movie under the stars


Thursday:

Rock Concert - SEETHER

Friday:

The Day Care kids preform!

Saturday:

Rota Walk

Ah yes, the holiday season is really now in full swing and the morale departments and the commands here on the island really try their best to make the Christmas season a good one every year.  They do a pretty good job of it too.  I mean we do not get snow, it cost over $1200 for one plane ticket back to the states, so they know the Scrooges and Grinches they are up against and still they always pull off great times.  Plus there is always so much to do out in the community this time of year.  They have lights up everywhere, and the hotels always look so grand.  Then the families on the island always go out of their way, wither they are military or non-military, if they know you do not have anywhere to go over the holiday they make sure to extend and invitation to you. Its always so warm and friendly.  Guam really reminds you of what the Christmas season is truly about.

I absolutely love the Christmas Season!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful week coming up!

Hope the cold is indeed gone for good.