Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Realizations in the New Year

It was a harsh realization that was bestowed upon me this New Year.  I bit off more than I could chew, and I didn't want to admit it or let those who were supporting me down.   But I had to back out of the 70.3 Ironman in Providence.  Trust you me this was not an easy decision.  I have been battling injuries, an international move, lost my motivation along the way, and some other personal issues that pulling out was what way to go.  The one of the hardest parts was telling my husband and coach about it.  It was like admitting defeat, like I failed everyone around me.  I mean this was THE race, my 'A' race of the season.  This was the race that was going to prove that to everyone I had the will and determination to do anything and if I could do it so could they.  And here I was throwing in the towel 7 months out from the race.  I guess in a way it kind of good I realize that my current situation now before I started my HIM and ended up with a DNF.  I just wish I would have realized it before I put out the money for it.  Talk about lessons learned.

Now my goals are starting to come into order, proper order, for the new year.

Goal #1
Lose some weight.  The biggest thing that is holding me down and back from achieving many of my goals is the amount of excess weight I'm carrying.

Goal #2
Learn master triathlon in the proper order, sprint, oly, international, HIM....quit trying to jump straight to the top.

Goal #3
I really need to stay on top of my workouts.  I have to quit saying it just do it.

Goal #4
Learn to run, I honestly think is one of my biggest obstacles.  I have quit doubting myself when I start running and remember this is long distance run and NOT a sprint like I ran in high school.

Now yes,  I realize just a few posts ago I put my goals down, but like I said I had almost a b*tch slap about the HIM and my injury.  I seriously think these 4 goals are going to be my life and how I live it.    Thank you for listening, well reading <3

2 comments:

Donna D said...

Will you still be doing the Bay Swim? I hope so as I look forward to meeting you in June!

Sam S. said...

I love you and think that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Sometimes the victory is in focusing on what is doable in the near future than tackling something huge. There's always another race. :)

And if you still want a blog design, let me know!